Designwrite Studios provides web design, production and management services in which we help clients find and implement solutions that best serve their organizational objectives. our process includes:
- Project Analysis: understand your communication goals to maximize the effectiveness of your site, including current IT environment and needs, work flow and staff needs, and audience engagement and needs.
- Information Analysis: develop a navigational scheme, overall site plan and structure, plan for specific functions needed to deliver information in the most user-friendly manner
- Design: understand your current branding to develop color pallets, template layouts, presentation functions and image asset management
- Site Build: install select applications, server applications, template and CSS files, custom code, build content sections, categories and navigation structure
- Content Migration: hassle-free moving of any existing content into new site
- Testing: full test of your site to ensure full functionality for all potential users
- Site Launch: taking the new site live, backing up old and new site files
Get a quote, to get a better idea of how our prices compare, then call us for a full proposal, 651-690-0773.
Need Help with an existing website?
We've been developing in open source solutions since Joomla was Mambo and Wordpress was just a twinkle in someone's eye. So if you need just a little help, or a complete build, we're confident we can get you going in no time. We work in Wordpress, Joomla and Drupal, though not exclusively. We've also worked with a number of other open source solutions like Grav, SilverStripe, Magento, Prestashop, WooCommerce, and more.
The mission of open source is to provide a flexible platform for digital publishing and collaboration, guided by the key values of freedon, equality, trust, community, collaboration and usability. These values so resonate with Designwrite Studios history of client service and interaction, that is was a natural fit for us to begin working with open source solutions, enabling us to provide enterprise-level solutions for even the tightest budgets.
SaaS Web Assist
The Software as a Service (SaaS) model for websites continues to gain traction particularly for micro and small businesses, as well as organizations looking to slash IT expense. And with good reason. SaaS eliminates traditional installation, maintenance and management approaches, moving those tasks to the cloud. With SaaS Web builders, service provider partners carry the burdens of security, availability and performance.
While the move to web builders seems like a 1-2-3 proposition, sometimes a little help is warranted. As more of our small business clients embrace web builders, we find they still call upon us to help choose the right solution, design page content, and maintain brand within the base template. The most significant cons to using a web builder solution include:
- No Ownership: you never really own the site. Think of it as a lease.
- No Portability: you can't move the site, and you can't host it yourself.
- Higher long-term cost: you often pay for system fees along with hosting in a monthly amount, forever.
- Limited design: very few systems allow you to access design code making customization impossible.
So if your looking to move into Squarespace, Wix, or Shopify, give us a call. We can help you choose the right solution for your needs, help you move in and paint.