The 7 principles of web development at Designwrite Studios
Start with mobile, include desktop
- Navigation design is primary and should work first on mobile, then on the desktop, not the other way around.
- Search is reflexive and should be accommodated as such.
- Gutenberg’s rule of reading gravity and the F-shaped pattern pertain,
but gaze patterns among users are manic at best.
- Not everything has to be “above the fold.” People are happy to scroll and click to find what they seek. Make that journey smooth.
- People don’t fully take in what they see. Keep design clean, uncluttered.
- People expect key information to be on the left, or across the top.
- Focus on information architecture and be careful with mega menus.
Contact us now to begin the process of getting the most out of your site.